In the advent of the current health situation and its ongoing uncertainty, The Victorian Government has launched the Circuit Breaker Business Support Package- Allocating $250 million in support for the assistance of small and medium businesses that are bearing the brunt of the recent occurrences.
The Support Package includes:
Business Costs Assistance Program
- The Government will provide $2500 in grants for eligible employing and non-employing businesses in the sectors that would be affected the most.
- $190.01 million in a second round of Business Costs Assistance Program.
Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund
- For businesses holding an eligible liquor licence and food certificate, a $3500 grant would be provided per premise.
- A total of $40.7 million is accommodated into this fund.
Victorian Events Support Package
- Operators of events industry who have been affected by the circuit-breaker restrictions will also be eligible.
- A total of $20 million is invested towards the events support package.
The above mentioned packages cover the majority of businesses in Victoria that are unable to operate due to these necessary public health measures.