February – 2018 Practice Update covers following points:
- Further 'affordable housing' measures passed
- Consulting on 'protecting superannuation entitlements'
- ATO warning regarding small business record-keeping
- ATO data matching program - Visa Holders
- Review of Rules for early release of superannuation
- ATO extends due date for 2016/17 SMSF returns
- Taskforce to help digitise small business
Why you Might want to Consider a Tax Expert to Scale-up The era that we live in is a great time to be independent. With the amount of information available online in all forms i.e., videos, blog articles, tutorials and much more. You can even get certified degrees from home. It is a very empowering time to be owning a business because nearly everyone is equipped with the same level of knowledge and resources. Victoria is seeing a boom in small businesses. Brave businessmen and women with great ideas are coming forward to present their creations to the world. And its humbling to see how well they do, along with an undying potential to do more and expand beyond the horizon. Our main concern with this article is about bookkeeping that is done in-house by the business...